PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 4.1.1 Performance Issues with nested containers

lenny87
11 Jun 2013, 9:15 AM
I have a nested set of panels (6 panels in total), the bottom panel includes a text area. With an idle system, my CPU is at around 10% usage, whenever I start to use the text area, the CPU goes unto 100% and there is a lag in my text entry.

Can someone explain to me why this is the case and also provide any ideas as to how to reduce the load on the CPU?

Thanks in advance.

slemmon
12 Jun 2013, 8:27 PM
Hmm... that's not an issue I'm familiar with. If you try with 4.2.1 do you see the same issue? If so, can you post a test case that demonstrates the issue you're seeing?

lenny87
13 Jun 2013, 12:33 AM
I've done more digging and found that by removing the "grow" properties I had set up for my text area were causing the high cpu usage.

Unfortunately it brings up another issue in that using the "resizable" property causes the text area to be rendered in the wrong place. Any ideas why?

I cannot move to 4.2 yet due to project restrictions.

slemmon
14 Jun 2013, 12:56 PM
Are you seeing an issue with this test case? It seemed to work for me in 4.2.1 as well as 4.1.1, but I'm not sure I captured what you're seeing.

Ext.create('Ext.form.FormPanel', {
title : 'Sample TextArea',
width : 400,
bodyPadding: 10,
renderTo : Ext.getBody(),
items: [{
xtype: 'textfield',
fieldLabel: 'Textfield 1'
}, {
fieldLabel: 'Textfield 2'
}, {
fieldLabel: 'Textfield 3'
}, {
xtype : 'textareafield',
//grow : true,
name : 'message',
fieldLabel: 'Message',
anchor : '100%',
resizable: true
}]
});

lenny87
17 Jun 2013, 12:53 AM
Managed to find the root of my issues. Using a 'hbox' layout caused some weird rendering of the textarea. Change to a column layout allowed me to get it working properly.

Therefore I can conclude that there are some layout issues with hbox layouts and textareas, as well as CPU usage issues with growing text areas.

slemmon
17 Jun 2013, 12:32 PM
Are you seeing the same issues with 4.2.1? There have been several releases since 4.1.1 and a number of bug fixes.

If you have a test case you can share that demonstrates the issues you're seeing when testing with 4.2.1 we can definitely get a bug report going.