PDA

View Full Version : paging without total property on dataset

aeiou
12 Jun 2013, 7:13 AM
Hi
As at http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.1.3/#!/api/Ext.data.reader.Json-cfg-totalProperty, I repeat here the question, as I am running in the same issue, and to spread the word:

If the data is being paged and this property is not provided, paging does not occur at all. It looks like only the first page of dataset is loaded in this case. However, there are cases where the dataset size may not be known in advance. In this case, couldn't the paging mechanism be made to still work without the total property, enabling truly "infinite" scrolling when using the new Ext 4 virtualized grid scrolling?

any example suggesting a solution for that one?

cheers

slemmon
14 Jun 2013, 9:51 AM
I believe you're going to need a totalProperty for each of the components using that property today. Paging uses it to know how many pages are available. The infinite scrolling implementation needs it for scrolling boundaries.

That said, I imagine there may be creative ways to get around that - monitoring the scrollbar's position and fetching new records in the background (with a dynamically generated totalProperty from the server) and appending them to the store.

But, you'd have to construct that as it doesn't exist in the framework today.