PDA

View Full Version : How to integrate Sencha Cmd and TFS build process

RadimZ
18 Jun 2013, 7:38 AM
Hi,

I would like to ask for help with integration between Sencha Cmd and TFS build process.

We have the backend source code as well as Sencha ExtJS application source code in TFS/VCS.
We are able to build/compile the Sencha application by Sencha Cmd and we would need to integrate the Sencha Cmd with TFS build process so that TFS build can wait for moment when Sencha Build informs about its success or fault (i.e. Sencha Cmd as "in process/task" for TFS build).

Has somebody experience with this integration scenario?

Components
* ExtJS version 4.1.1a (Commercial License)
* TFS version 2012
* Sencha Cmd version 3.1.1.274.

Thank you in advance
Radim

slemmon
20 Jun 2013, 10:32 AM
I assume TFS is Team Foundation Server.
I'm no expert myself, but found this article you might check out:
http://geekswithblogs.net/slock/arch...05/113704.aspx (http://geekswithblogs.net/slock/archive/2007/07/05/113704.aspx)

Perhaps someone else in the community will be able to weigh in if the article doesn't assist you.

Best of luck!

RadimZ
21 Jun 2013, 7:18 AM
Hello slemmon,

Thank you very much for your hint. Yes, TFS is Team Foundation Server we are using besides its role as Version Control System also for triggering the MSBuild process for backend source code compilation and deployment.

I have checked the link you post and consequent sub-links and they are mostly about how to included source code to TFS.

We have already everything in TFS (.NET, JavaScript/Sencha, HTML, CSS, ... sources) and we have also MSBuild to build a :NET clases and Batch file "build.cmd" which executes "sencha app build ..." (compiles and obfuscates the Sencha ExtJS based application).

And here is the issues I'm trying to ask more experienced people with Sencha Command and its integration to different build systems.

How to integrate command "sencha app build ..." as Activity/Task/Target to MSBuild so that the TFS/MSBuild process waits till the Sencha build process communicates its success or fault.

Thanks a lot in advance
Radim

dmibor
12 Aug 2013, 6:02 AM
Something like that should do it:

<!-- Build Sencha App -->
<Message Text="Building '$(SenchaAppName)' Sencha Application" Importance="high" />
<Exec Command="$(SenchaBuildCommand)" WorkingDirectory="$(SenchaAppFolder)">
<Output TaskParameter="ExitCode" PropertyName="ErrorCode"/>
</Exec>
<Message Text="Finished building '$(SenchaAppName)' Sencha Application with '$(ErrorCode)' exit code." Importance="high" />