PDA

View Full Version : Shindig and ExtJS

noiks
27 Jun 2013, 12:05 PM
Shindig and ExtJS

When my application written in ExtJS resides in a container provided by Shindig, all my requests should use the makeRequest method provided by it,

Code:

gadgets.io.makeRequest(url, response, params);
In my model and stores I am using an overriden proxy to use this method instead ofCode:

Ext.Ajax.Request();
. Here I have two questions.
First - Is there a better way to achieve this by overriding a method(a method which is used by all proxies) instead of overriding each proxy class in ExtJs and then using it in models/stores.
Second - the form.submit() uses the doSubmit() method of Submit class, and I am not able to override it and get it working for shindig. I am suing the form to upload a file. Has anybody tried it before and got it working ?

slemmon
30 Jun 2013, 11:00 PM
I don't have any experience with Shindig myself (will defer to the community). You should be able to override any class for an app using Ext.define() and the override config. Is that what you're doing today?

noiks
1 Jul 2013, 2:47 AM
Yes, that is what I am doing. My question is not how to but which class or method to override to make it generic instead of doing it for individual classes.