PDA

View Full Version : Whitescreen with mobile devices

Dennis.Gearmesh
3 Jul 2013, 9:42 AM
I have a .NET MVC4 application for which I have been using Ext JS to develop the UI.

I wanted to see what my application was going to look like in the wild, so I got a free domain on Windows Azure, and uploaded everything. It's completely unminified and slow, but it seems to work fine from my computer. When I try to open the same url on a mobile device (I've tried iPad and iPhone), I just get a blank white screen.

Here is the url: http://scoutsandbox.azurewebsites.net/home/index

I understand that not all of the components will work well on a mobile device, but I at least expected the page to show up.

Should I expect the page to show up? Is this because of something I've done wrong? The layout is rather complex, and there is a lot of (necessary) nesting.

EDIT:

It doesn't open in Internet Explorer either. Internet Explorer just shows a white screen like the mobile devices do. I read that extra commas in the javascript could cause this.
I went through my code and found lots of extra commas that didn't belong, but removing them hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas what might cause this?

EDIT AGAIN:

Wow...It looks like the page only opens with Chrome. Not IE, Not Firefox, not mobile devices. When I open Firebug, I see an error: "DataView requires both tpl and itemSelector configurations to be defined."

I went through every DataView in my project, and they all have both a tpl and an itemSelector defined. Also, it's strange that it works in Chrome, but throws this error in Firefox (and apparently IE, though I don't see it.)

Thanks!

slemmon
3 Jul 2013, 11:05 PM
ExtJS is currently optimized to work on desktop devices only - not mobile at this time.