PDA

View Full Version : How to enable the edit mode of editor without mouse click in grid panel.

ashutoshjain24
3 Jul 2013, 7:19 PM
Hi,

I am using EXTJS 4.0.7 where I am facing below problem.

In my page there is grid panel with 4 columns each column is having an editor textfield. I want first cell or first cell of the seleted row to be in editable mode whenever user start pressing keys from the keyboard. The requirement is like dont want user to click the cell to get it in edit mode.

A prompt reply will be highly appreciated!

slemmon
8 Jul 2013, 10:18 AM
4.2.0 has a cellkeydown event, but it doesn't exist in the 4.0.7 API. I suspect that would have been the best place to listen and begin the edit.

If it's possible to transition your app to 4.2.1 (the latest stable release) I would do that for bugfixes as well as expanded functionality.

ashutoshjain24
8 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks slemmon!

For your precious time and prompt reply.

It is not possible at this point of time to move on to 4.2.1. I will appreciate if a fix can be provided in 4.0.7. Basically requirement is like. Extjs grid have to behave like a windows app grid so that on TAB press the focus moves to the next field in side the grid in RowEditing Seltype.

It is perfect in CellEditing Seltype but in this case row highlight is lost only the cell highlight is there. While moving through the tabs focus moves to those column as well those are not editable. The focus should move between the editable cells and columns.

slemmon
8 Jul 2013, 2:51 PM
I see. The framework doesn't have an option to have tab selection only select the editable cells. You might set a listener on beforeselect and attempt to select the next / preceding grid cell programmatically based on whether its column has an editor field.