PDA

View Full Version : New to ExtJS. Interview Question - need help urgently!! Please!!

anu8085
3 Jul 2013, 8:02 PM
I am preparing for ExtJs interview which will happen in 2 days.

Please help me me with this question below.

Question: Which is the best way to load large amount of data(50000+) into a ExtJS grids from two different databases(oracle & DB2) in a way performance is not affected.
According to my understanding, get all the rows of data from both the table into a List using java. Create a json out of those objects and send it to extjs using java/spring as response. ExtJS can get the data from the json and load it to the store which is mapped to a model object.

Can this be done only using ExtJS without using Java/Spring in a effective way?
Please help as iam new to ExtJS!!!!

Thanks,
Anu

slemmon
8 Jul 2013, 10:23 AM
I would think that merging the datasets and generating the JSON output from the server would be the best way to go about it. If that is not an option you can use Ext.Ajax.request and retrieve the separate datasets from the two servers (cross-domain complications not withstanding) and merge the datasets in ExtJS / JS after the two datasets have been imported. Not sure which route would be the most performant. Probably depends on the hardware and incidental load on the server -vs- the client machine.