PDA

View Full Version : editable nested grid

szub
6 Jul 2013, 4:11 AM
Hello!
I need your advice.

I use rowexpander to make nested grid and I have some problem with rendering in IE 10

I have such situation:

I render grid in div after expand:

{
ptype: 'rowexpander',
rowBodyTpl: ['<div id="' + me.rowIdPrefix + '{' + me.rowKeyField + '}" ></div>'],
pluginId: 'rawexpanderplugin',
expandOnDblClick: false
}

BUT when grid.getView().refresh() this div is rerendered and nested dom destroyed so I need to rerender grid, I do it:

nestedGrid.setupProtoEl(); // if ommited then errors happens at afterRender -> protoEl.writeTo(data);
nestedGrid.render(nestedGrid.renderTo);
In chrome it works fine, but in IE some error happens:

bodyContext.borderInfo || bodyContext.getBorderInfo();
Unable to get property 'borderInfo' of undefined or null reference

Main page
> calculate, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 49832
runLayout, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 117925
runCycle, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 117897
run, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 117832
flushLayouts, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 29025
resumeLayouts, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 29033
resumeLayouts, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 31475
render, ext-all-debug-4-2.js, line 28262

Please, give me advice. I try to implement editable nested grid.

slemmon
8 Jul 2013, 1:29 PM
The rowbody is really meant to just display data/html, not ExtJS components. It can be done, but you will have to manage the rendering, layout, and destruction of the components yourself as the rowbody is not a layout managed container.

szub
8 Jul 2013, 9:14 PM
I understand this, that's why I started this thread. How can I do this?

rendering, layout, and destruction

I do not ask solution, at least direction where to din into.

slemmon
11 Jul 2013, 8:24 PM
I only tried it once myself for a project running on IE7 and 8 and it was fraught with layout issues. It would work until any resizing happened and then things went poorly very quickly. For my part I convinced the project lead that fighting the framework or designing a layout or owner/child relationship was going to be too time consuming and we went another route with the ui that played better into the existing component and layout system.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for that one. It's possible the community may have some additional direction, though. Best of luck!