PDA

View Full Version : Panel is in Viewport

Urkman
23 Jul 2013, 4:14 AM
Hello,

I'm currently searching for a solution for my problem:
In my app I have a TabPanel that contains up to 50 Panels each containing a grid or a chart.
And loading this site totally blocks the browser for a couple of seconds.
So I'm currently looking for a solution for that. Reducing the Panel is no option, because the customer wants it this way :(

So I think, the best way here is to only render and load the data for panel, if that panel is visible()scrolled into view.
But what is the best way to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Urkman

mitchellsimoens
25 Jul 2013, 4:59 AM
So you only want to add panels if they are scrolled into view?

Urkman
25 Jul 2013, 5:02 AM
Yes something like that...
Perhaps just add an empty panel and when it is scrolled into view, add a grid to it and load the data for this grid...

Urkman

wm003
2 Aug 2013, 1:15 PM
Has every Panel the exact same content (one grid or one chart) Then i would try to change the tabpanel with 50 "fake" tabs, and a card layout with only 2 containers (one for a grid, one for a chart). When you now select a tab you can just reset the grid or chart with the needed values according to the selected tab.
This way the DOM will only have to manage with 2 "huge" widgets instead of 50. The DOM for the 50 little tabs shouldn't be any performance problem, but 50 grids would.

anyway, how much rows will the grids hold? I would consider using livegrid /bufferedgridview , so the DOM for the grid stays comfortable for the browsers DOM engine.