PDA

View Full Version : Using Fiddle within the forums

mitchellsimoens
24 Jul 2013, 11:39 AM
One of the features in the API Docs is the ability to have inline examples so you can see the code and see the code in action. Fiddle will be a great way for the Sencha community to share and test code and having the same experience as in the API Docs in the forums is a win-win for everyone.

I'm glad to announce that you can use a Fiddle within the forums using a custom BBCode tag much like you can with [CODE] or other BBCode tags. All you have to do is have then opening and the closing tags surrounding the Fiddle ID and you will see a tab panel UI so you can see the Javascript, CSS, HTML and the preview of the fiddle inline in a post:

[FIDDLE]5t2

And you will see:

5t2

IvanJouikov
24 Jul 2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you, very useful!

mitchellsimoens
25 Jul 2013, 7:46 AM
A keen eye will notice that CodeMirror is now enabled so we get syntax highlighting!

halcwb
31 Jul 2013, 12:19 AM
This is very nice and helpful to document coding problems and posting them on the forum, great!

mitchellsimoens
31 Jul 2013, 2:53 AM
Soon, we will be making a change in the production server which will affect the forum integration but will hopefully be seamless. This will also allow any site to embed a fiddle within their site.

existdissolve
31 Jul 2013, 4:29 PM
Soon, we will be making a change in the production server which will affect the forum integration but will hopefully be seamless. This will also allow any site to embed a fiddle within their site.

Looking forward to it!!

cygnosis
27 Nov 2014, 1:22 PM
I do not see anything in the preview in chrome. In works in https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/5t2. Do I need to install any plugin?

mitchellsimoens
28 Nov 2014, 12:54 PM
The fiddle preview works for me:

5t2

The way I did that is via:

5t2