PDA

View Full Version : Automatic logon with current username and password doesn't work sometimes for IE

Shehul
26 Jul 2013, 11:07 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know why IE during Single Sign on session(IE8 and IE9) sends a authorization header and no request data during AJAX request even though session is valid?

We are using WCF and ExtJS 3.2.

I have posted the question to Microsoft website but they suggested to ask ExtJS community.

Full details of the problem is here,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/82d3220b-50e5-48c6-96d5-6f6e9104c0f9/automatic-logon-with-current-username-and-password-doesnt-work-sometimes-for-ie-when-ldap-is-used?prof=required

slemmon
30 Jul 2013, 7:44 AM
How are you sending the login / auth request up to your server? Is it via a form? A stand alone AJAX call? Can you share your code you're using for the request?

Shehul
31 Jul 2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry for late reply,

The code is a basic ExtJS AJax request.

here is our code, we just change Urls and Parameter during the session to load different data in our pages,

var ajax = Ext.Ajax;
ajax.timeout = 180000;
ajax.request({
url: ourServerUrl + "/LogOn",
method: "POST",
jsonData: Ext.util.JSON.encode({
//our paras
}),
headers: {
Accept: "application/json"
},
success: function() {
//on success
},
failure: function(response, options) {
//on failure
}

Shehul
31 Jul 2013, 12:56 PM
Also anyone please note that this problem is not happening for Chrome and Firefox.

slemmon
31 Jul 2013, 2:36 PM
I'm testing with the below test case in IE8 on Win7 and the Ajax request is being made successfully. I'm using Fiddler to inspect the request and I see it leaving successfully with a JSON payload (Content-Length: 13 in this case).

Perhaps the issue you're seeing is something local machine / network related? I've used the Ext ajax requests on IE7 and IE8 quite a bit in the past (on Ext3 and Ext4) with no issues myself.

var ajax = Ext.Ajax;
ajax.timeout = 180000;
ajax.request({
url: "serverUrl",
method: "POST",
jsonData: Ext.util.JSON.encode( { foo: 'bar' } ),
headers: {
Accept: "application/json"
},
success: function () {
//on success
},
failure: function (response, options) {
//on failure
}
});

wm003
5 Aug 2013, 12:43 AM
We had the same similar problem using an old version of mod_sspi for Apache a while back. IE6-8 was just forgetting POST Variables. All other browsers worked.

From the beginning with IE9 this didn't happen anymore.

Try using "method:'GET',"