PDA

View Full Version : compass command not found at command prompt

galto
30 Jul 2013, 5:36 AM
I installed ST 2.2.1 and CMD 3.1.2.342 on a Windows environment.
I was able to upgrade my existing app. But I also created a new app in this environment.

But when I try to update app.scss to add some icons (in new app and/or updatd app), i then try to compile the theme using command found in the video:

compass watch

But it cannot find the compass command. It comes back saying:
'compass' is not recognized as internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

So the installation of the command most likely did not update all the required Environment Variables. I used SenchaCmd-3.1.2.342-windows.exe file. I didn't get any errors during the installation.
Can someone tell me which ones need to be set. It's not just the path because I tried that and it complained about missing .jar file (so probably classpath too).

galto
31 Jul 2013, 5:59 PM
I figured this out on my own. Surprised that for two days noone was able to provide input.

After installing CMD, I needed to perform two additional steps:

1). Download and install Ruby from rubyinstaller.org (http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads)
2). Setup the Ruby

$ gem update --system
$ gem install compass

Honestly, this is not very clear in the Sencha documentation. The two gem commands I found on the Ruby pages - not even on Sencha pages which are very dependent on compass. I'm very surprised I couldn't find in the forum that anyone else had run into this before I did.

_tmalek
22 Oct 2013, 4:45 AM
Thanx for your reply, your workaround helped me.