PDA

View Full Version : Can the ux lib be included

halcwb
13 Aug 2013, 2:28 AM
Can the ux lib be included, I would like to fiddle with the SimManager. Thanks.

mitchellsimoens
13 Aug 2013, 5:02 AM
The SimManager and stuff is not loaded from the framework, there is a special version that is injected into the preview and no way to modify it besides maybe creating overrides.

halcwb
13 Aug 2013, 5:37 AM
Got it working, just manually added the defs into the fiddle:

8a

mitchellsimoens
13 Aug 2013, 5:38 AM
Ok, if you do this then you may break functionality so use it at your own risk for some things not working.

halcwb
13 Aug 2013, 5:43 AM
Ok, if you do this then you may break functionality so use it at your own risk for some things not working.

I don't want to break your functionality! But how could it break functionality. Adding source files only run legitimate ext code from the framework. So, actually, I can't imagine how it could break functionality. It works fine anyway.

But if there are issues, I will remove it.

mitchellsimoens
13 Aug 2013, 5:46 AM
The ones that I have add expected functionality. For instance, if you were to create a mock data with an object and your data is in a root:

{
"success" : true,
"data" : [...]
}

That won't work with the classes from Ext JS 4.2.1. If you want to use XML, you have to provide a JavaScript array and the XmlSimlet builds the XML for you but what if you want to provide actual XML?

halcwb
13 Aug 2013, 6:22 AM
That won't work with the classes from Ext JS 4.2.1. If you want to use XML, you have to provide a JavaScript array and the XmlSimlet builds the XML for you but what if you want to provide actual XML?

Ok, to be clear I am not suggesting that I want to use SimManager to mock server side behavior when creating fiddles, you already implemented this. I was just trying to figure out how I can use SimManager to mock a server for use in my own test code.