PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Activity Feed in Architect

EmmaM
27 Aug 2013, 8:11 AM
Activities are picked up from the server by a Json store in Architect called ActivityStore.

In the View I have a container which is on the right hand side of the view. This container contains a panel called ActivityPanel and an additional container which for now has a button called "Refresh". When the refresh button is clicked (I have added a controller to this button to listen for this event) I want the following to happen:

For all entries in the ordered (desc) store I want a new label to be created which will contain a string and some values from the Activity store. The number of labels that will be created should be the number of entries currently in the store (the server will manage the number of entries).

I am not familiar with ExtJS or Architect but I am trying to work out how to convert what I want the application to do into Javascript. I've spent a good few days trying to research how to do this online but nothing really seems to work and I've got the feeling that something is wrong with how I'm trying to do this.

EmmaM
29 Aug 2013, 12:12 AM
ETA: Scratch this idea - my team has advised that custom CSS on a grid is not supported by sencha and that injecting HTML from the server is not advisable. Back to the drawing board we go...

I think I have got a solution.

Beforehand I was trying to add a new label onto a panel for every item. I was also trying to generate the HTML using functions on the Architect side.

This solution was ignoring the power, and familiarity, I have with using a server-side back end which I can change and which is written in a language that I am more familiar with. It was also neglecting grids and the power of custom CSS.

Instead of using labels I'm going to use a grid which is connected to the news store and change the look and feel of THIS grid with CSS.

aconran
3 Sep 2013, 10:13 AM
I'd need a little more information to give you some better direction (perhaps a screenshot).

But if I understand this properly, the first task could be achieved via a custom renderer or template column