PDA

View Full Version : Grid locked column and grouping summary not working in 4.1.0

jclark42796
11 Sep 2013, 9:04 AM
Before I go down the path of creating an example, I wanted to find out if there are issues w/ using the grouping summary feature and a locked grid column. For a while we've had a grid with the 'groupingsummary' feature. We started to use the "locked: true" on one of our columns. Now the grouping no longer works. I've looked at the example here (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/grid/locking-group-summary-grid.html) but haven't found anything obviously different than what I'm doing with my grid. Any gotchas that I should be aware of when marrying these two functions?

Thanks,
Jim

p.s. tried a forum search, appeared to be broken, all I got back was "{success: false}"

Gary Schlosberg
11 Sep 2013, 3:57 PM
There have definitely been bugs regarding locked columns and grouping summary since 4.1.0. What exactly do you mean when you say that the grouping no longer works?

jclark42796
12 Sep 2013, 5:42 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply. What I mean is I had the grid grouping (i.e. collapsible sections) and grouping summary working as expected. I add "locked: true" to my column and both the grid grouping and summary were no longer visible in the grid. I've looked at locked grouping grid example code but haven't found anything that different than what I am doing.

In firebug I noticed that this.features has my grouping summary feature. However. this.normalGrid and this.lockedGrid have an empty features list. In the extjs example grid all the features list have a "feature". That sounds like it could be my problem, but how do those features get set on the locked/normal grids?

Thanks,
Jim

jclark42796
12 Sep 2013, 6:04 AM
Ok, I figured out what was going on. My 'groupingsummary' feature was added directly to a this.features, i.e. it wasn't in an array. Since it wasn't in an array, the internal function prepareFeatures was not copying the features to the normalGrid/lockedGrid features list. That's working now, however...

New problem: The locked grid is collapsible but not the normal grid and the two grids don't appear to be synch'd, i.e. collapsing the lockedGrid doesn't collapse the normal grid. In the example grid, I see the "collapse" function called 3 times. In my working code, I only see collapse called twice, FWIW.

Thanks
Jim

jclark42796
12 Sep 2013, 7:19 AM
I had

this.features = [Ext.create('Ext.grid.feature.GroupingSummary', { ...})];

the collapse/expand was happy once I changed the code to

this.features = [{
ftype: 'groupingsummary',
})];

So in summary, make sure your features assignment is an array and you use the 'ftype' vs. object creation for the GroupingSummary when configuring features.

Off to figure out how to not show the second grouping header, i.e. I only want the grouping header in the locked column.

Jim