PDA

View Full Version : dynamic combox with dynamic lables display

r6174
11 Sep 2013, 9:58 PM
Hi, i have a requirement where in a form i have a multi-selectable combo box(say combo a) based on the selected no of items ,i need to display another set of combo boxes with the selected items (from combo a ) as their lables...
like if i select item1 amd item2 in first combo(parent combo) i should be able to display two child combo boxes(as i selected two items from parent) with item1 as label for first child and item2 for second child.
Is this possible..please help me

slemmon
13 Sep 2013, 2:02 PM
Seems possible. You might post what you've tried to date as that may help engage the community to help edit / add to your code as you build out what you're wanting.

r6174
13 Sep 2013, 8:43 PM
Seems possible. You might post what you've tried to date as that may help engage the community to help edit / add to your code as you build out what you're wanting.

i used superboxselet to have multiple selections in parent combo.. now based on the no.of selections i must display child combo boxes with those parent selected items as lables to these child combos

willigogs
15 Sep 2013, 2:23 AM
This should be relatively simple.

I haven't used superboxselect, but I would assume it has a number of event listeners similar to a combo, etc? If so, then simply hook into the desired event (change, select, possibly form submit?), grab the values, then pass these to a function where you loop through each value, create a combo and apply the value as the fieldLabel.