PDA

View Full Version : styling a checkbox column in a grid

blomasky
24 Sep 2013, 5:21 AM
I have a grid with some checkboxes that the user can change, and some that are display only. I would like to do the following:

1) Change the background color of the cells that are editable to indicate to the user that they can edit these columns.

2) Change the style for any checked fields. I want the check fields to stand out from the unchecked ones.

is there an easy way to do this? I tried to use the renderer function, but then the checkbox is not displayed.

Thanks
Bruce

existdissolve
24 Sep 2013, 5:39 AM
The CheckColumn already implements its own renderer for the displaying the checkbox...that's why it stopped showing the checkbox when you overwrote it with your own renderer.

You could always overwrite the renderer, starting from a base of what is already being used and then add in your own customizations.

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/source/CheckColumn.html#Ext-grid-column-CheckColumn

blomasky
24 Sep 2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the reply, Maybe it's just me, but I would think this is something that should be a lot easier than overriding the entire renderer. Something in Extjs is SO easy.. and some things seem much more complicated than they should be. (when compared to other tools).

Bruce