PDA

View Full Version : Using Apache Tiles with ExtTLD

askhat.salikhov
22 Feb 2008, 2:44 PM
Hey there!

We are developing J2EE application based on Spring MVC and Tiles for its presentation Layer. I was glad to find out that ExtJS as well as another related project ExtTLD, exactly meet our project requirements and will significantly ease the development of our application.

After having spent over 12 hours, unfortunately, I have not been able to use ExtTLD with Apache Tiles engine. It appears to me, that ExtTLD tags can not be stored in different JSP pages and be joined together (as nested elements) using template engine.

As I understand that behavior is expected while using most of the templates engines (I tried Tiles, Tiles 2, sitemash) since all of them utilize JSP Include for joining several jsp pages.

Does anyone know any workaround for this? Has anybody faced that problem before?

I will very much appreciate any help!

Thank you very much in advance.

thatcoder
22 Feb 2008, 4:16 PM
Nice concept, however I can't see the benefit using it. Good luck.

askhat.salikhov
22 Feb 2008, 9:39 PM
Nice concept, however I can't see the benefit using it. Good luck.

thatcoder, What do you mean exactly? Could you explain please?

stefanorg
26 Feb 2008, 3:14 AM
Hi askhat.salikhov,

i'm trying to use exttld too, and i find in it a beautifull solution for our j2ee application.

Actually i'm nuub in ext and i'm trying it in "simple" mode (standalone) example. But sure i need to integrate it with sitemesh, u have found any solution to your problem?? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

ps: if i've success with sitemesh in future i'll give u a replay;
pps: sorry for my english :)

Craig Andrew
15 Mar 2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Stephanorg did you manage to implement ExtTLD with sitemesh by any chance? coz I`m having difficulty in doing so.