PDA

View Full Version : Unable to launch native app on iOS 7

parky128
26 Sep 2013, 1:57 AM
I am trying to get a debug version of my app to run on my iPad with iOS 7. The app packages up fine and I get the .app named folder in the build directory. When I drag and drop to iTunes and sync, the app appears on my device, but with 'Installing' below it and never gets past this (see attached). I cannot tap and launch so I assume the install has failed for some reason.

Anyone else come across this?

Packager.json config below:

"applicationName": "Pinpointers",
"applicationId": "pinpointers.websites.sbs",
"bundleSeedId": "LB8P94MQ3G",
"versionString": "2.0",
"icon": {
"57": "resources/icons/Icon.png",
"72": "resources/icons/Icon~ipad.png",
"114": "resources/icons/Icon@2x.png",
"144": "resources/icons/Icon~ipad@2x.png"
},
"inputPath": "./",
"outputPath": "../build/",
"configuration": "Debug",
"platform": "iOS",
"deviceType": "Universal",
"certificatePath": "C:/Keystore/iOSspecific/development.p12",
"certificatePassword": "######",
"provisionProfile": "C:/Keystore/iOSspecific/development.mobileprovision",
"orientations": [
"portrait",
"landscapeLeft",
"landscapeRight",
"portraitUpsideDown"
]

fmoseley
2 Oct 2013, 1:52 PM
I'm unable to repro what version of Touch and Cmd are you using?

ttapia
14 Oct 2013, 12:03 PM
Hi, I'm having the same issue.. Did u manage to fix it?
Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to tell:
Sencha Cmd v4.0.0.126
Sencha Touch 2.3.0

cydaps
18 Oct 2013, 9:42 AM
Really dumb question for you, but how are you dragging it into iTunes? My icon for the .app file is a crossed through circle so perhaps that's part of the issue, perhaps it's not signing correctly...

But what screen do you have to be on in iTunes to copy the app into?

Thanks!!!

cydaps
18 Oct 2013, 9:53 AM
Really dumb question for you, but how are you dragging it into iTunes? My icon for the .app file is a crossed through circle so perhaps that's part of the issue, perhaps it's not signing correctly...

But what screen do you have to be on in iTunes to copy the app into?

Thanks!!!

Scratch that, got it working by using Add to Library in the end...

Still, now the app doesn't work. Worked perfectly for about a year on iOS6 using Touch 2.2 and Cmd 3.* but now we've upgraded and nothing works as always. This happens every time with Sencha, something upgrades and boom it stops working for no reason. I can't take any more, I'm going to have to learn native stuff I think as this is going to drive me to an early grave!!

hisnamewasjaan
26 Nov 2013, 9:24 AM
I would check that your provisioning profile is loaded with

- the device that your're installing on, and make sure that you got the UDID correct (careful with iOS apps claiming to reveal UDID. They don't work in iOS7)
- applicationId and bundleSeedId mathing your packager.json
just some problems that I had resulting in the 'Installing'.. problem.

ttapia
26 Nov 2013, 1:40 PM
Hey, thanks for your advice.. I'll double check the udid next time. I think that might have been the problem.
I ended up using phonegap at the end.

cydaps
26 Nov 2013, 2:42 PM
Yes, thanks for advice, I used PhoneGap in the end as well, the integration with Touch 2.3.1, Cmd 4.0.1 and phonegap 3 is awesome!! :)

Smita123
16 Jan 2015, 1:30 AM
:D I suggest you to see your provisioning profile and select ur proper certificate out of many certificates available because this once the important step to need to look out for running your app on any ios versions.. am done with native packaging for iOS.