PDA

View Full Version : ios7 password field

uksencha
30 Sep 2013, 1:48 AM
We are using the standard Sencha Touch password field in our app and now when you leave the tab to go to another in ios7 you always get a message saying that the website has requested not to save passwords.

Does anyone know if you can set something on the password field to stop this message coming up or alternatively maybe there is something you can do in html or css ?

Thanks

Chris

fmoseley
1 Oct 2013, 6:58 PM
I haven't heard of this issue before. Can you provide more details. What version of Sencha Touch are you using? Is this a native or web app? If native what is it packaged with (ie sencha native packager or phonegap). What does your code look like?

uksencha
2 Oct 2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for replying.

Our app is a webapp and it uses Sencha Touch 2.2.1 at the moment but I am in the process of upgrading to 2.3.0 so we can use the new themes for ios7.

This is the password field I have set up:
{
id: 'loginPassword',
xtype: 'passwordfield',
name: 'loginPassword',
label : 'Password',
placeHolder: 'Your Password',
useClearIcon: false,
autoCapitalize : false
}

When you try and close the active window to move to another page in ios7 you now get a message saying that the website has requested not to save passwords unless you go into settings, safari, passwords and autofill on the iOS device and turn off names and passwords (it is set by default).

This is very annoying for the user but the message that comes up also seems to randomly prevent pop up windows coming up properly which is a problem for us as we generate pdf reports in a new window (I won't go into the fact that you can no longer get around the pop up blocker by the usual methods like we used to - I am hoping Apple might fix it in next weeks new ios7.)

I am guessing there may be some setting to the website or password field that will stop the message coming up rather than having to go into settings but I can find no documentation about this yet on the web.

I was hoping maybe somebody there had come upon the same issue and might know how to solve it.

Thanks

Chris