PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic table layout

Folkstorn
1 Oct 2013, 7:34 AM
Good day, everyone. I have been working with extjs 3.4 for quite some time and encountered a task where I couldn't find the perfect solution. The task is to implement a system of dynamic viewports that can change their layout. Pretty much like viewports in autoCAD, 3ds Max, Maya where we have a set of viewports in 2x2, 2x3, 1x2 layouts etc. The way I saw how to do it is to have a container with table layout inside, populate each table cell with a viewer component (just an ext panel that renders required stuff) and by clicking the layout change buttons, system would hide some cells, change width/height and colspan/rowspan of others. But apparently when I change the colspan of some container items it has no effect and even doLayout does not help. Is it the right way to do it? Maybe using column layout would be a better idea? Will it be difficult to implement draggable borders and make viewports resizable?
Many thanks in advance!

slemmon
7 Oct 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm afraid I've not seen anything quite like what you're describing. Perhaps there's a user app / extension that does that, but I've not run across it myself.