PDA

View Full Version : Column chart numeric axis incorrectly displayed

webdreamerkid
4 Oct 2013, 12:57 AM
Hi

I encountered an issue when I do not set the majorTickSteps and minorTickSteps for the numeric axis. By default, the chart will show 8 major tick steps. If the store only has one record with value=1, bottom four of the major tick steps will show '0' and the top four of the major tick steps will show '1'.

How can this be fixed? Thanks.

Gary Schlosberg
11 Oct 2013, 12:53 PM
Not sure what your code looks like but thinking this can be fixed by using a different renderer:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?256728

Put differently, is your renderer allowing values between 0 and 1?

webdreamerkid
15 Oct 2013, 6:46 PM
Hi

I set the number of decimals to 0. As my data sets only have whole numbers, there will be no values between 0 and 1. If i were to set the number of decimals to default, it will show 0, 0.25, 9.5, 0.75 and 1, which i think it will not be appropriate for the data set.

I do not understand what you meant by using a different renderer. Can you provide me with an example?
Thanks.

Gary Schlosberg
16 Oct 2013, 5:35 AM
Apologies if I'm missing something, but if the data set is one record with a value of 1, the values you mentioned (0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1) seem reasonable. What would be your ideal axis values for that data?

webdreamerkid
16 Oct 2013, 10:06 PM
Hi Gary

If the data set is one record with the value 1, it will be good to have just axis values 0 and 1. If the data set contains human population in each apartment for example, then having decimal points does not seem appropriate for this context.

Thanks.

Gary Schlosberg
29 Oct 2013, 8:33 PM
I see your point. I think in that case you would have to set the majorTickSteps config to zero to make it display the way you need it.