PDA

View Full Version : Ext.ux.IFrame initialization problem

MaciejZabielski
4 Oct 2013, 1:03 AM
I'm going crazy over this issue: when I add panel with iFrame to my viewport all works fine for the first time.
But when I replace content of viewport with other application view, and then go back to the one with iFrame, it will fail to initialize.
There are no errors, I can't find anything looking through both iFrame code and Ext, but the iFrame object looks different:

Properly initialized iFrame object:

iFrame object after it was created again (after original viewport content was destroyed and recreated using Ext.create and "add")

I can destroy and create this panel as many times I want when in the initial viewport, but after replacing the content, iFrame creation gives this strange result. Any hints? (btw - all other panels with tree, grids etc work fine at those viewports, so its just the iFrame panel that fails.)

Gary Schlosberg
11 Oct 2013, 4:59 PM
Could be a bug. Are you able to post a test case that reproduces the issue?

MaciejZabielski
4 Nov 2013, 3:22 AM
I have made a JSFiddle with "quick and dirty" equivalent but "unfortunately" this example works fine....
So I will have to track down what is the difference here... and its certainly not easy to find.
In my case it would "crash" when you go from View 1 - > view 2 and back to view 1...

http://jsfiddle.net/maciejzabielski/e4mZe

MaciejZabielski
5 Nov 2013, 7:03 AM
It seams that I have finally found the problem and it was not related to iFrame.

Problematic "view" contained method that had several "this" calls in it. We are using message bus to notify components of changes. After recreating the view, "this" was pointing to old destroyed component.

Gary Schlosberg
5 Nov 2013, 9:53 AM
Glad to hear you tracked it down, and thanks for taking the time to post the follow-up.