PDA

View Full Version : Issues With Pages Within IFrame

Supial
7 Oct 2013, 6:41 PM
Greetings,
I have 2 applications that are integrated together, and both use ExtJS. The apps are integrated using an IFrame Window where the parent page contains ExtJS library and the child within the IFrame also contains ExtJS library.

The main parent page knows about the IFrame page, and the IFrame page knows about the parent. I'm using things such as parent.Ext.getCmp(), however, I'm seeing strange behavior. In one specic case, the main page has an IFrame to a child page, and the child page will contain an IFrame to a page in the parent. Here, the main parent application contains a search page. The child IFrame page will make use of this search page using a Ext.Window which contains an IFrame to the parent search page.

First, my question is:
1) is this kind of integration supported with ExtJS (i.e.: cross IFrame)

and if Yes to 1) then:
2) are there any special tips or tricks that would be needed to get this to work. My search page (as described above) doesn't seem to work the same when being invoked from within a child IFrame. More so with the cosmetics then actual function, for example (after closing the window) I seem to return to a blank page (but have to use shift-tab a few times before I can see the page contant again).

P.S.: both applications are on the same domain, so not an issue with cross-domain iframes...at least I don't think it is.

Thanks,
Marcel

ettavolt
7 Oct 2013, 9:59 PM
Well, I've seen some checks in Ext to be made specially for cross-frame scripting.
However, I consider this to be bad practice, because you actually have two instances of framework that, of course, negatively affects performance. Also you may have problems with positioning, scrolling, etc.