PDA

View Full Version : which is the equivalent to XmlDataModel.getDocument() in ext

franklt69
28 Feb 2007, 10:05 AM
I need to know the equivalent in ext1 to XmlDataModel.getDocument() in 0.33?

kind regards
Frank

jack.slocum
28 Feb 2007, 10:18 AM
store.reader.xmlData or store.reader.jsonData

franklt69
28 Feb 2007, 11:09 AM
Jack in 0.33 if I added some rows then it appear in the xml when I did it
XmlDataModel.getDocument(), now using store.reader.xmlData I get the xml sent from server (when I did store.load()) but not the new rows add in the client, so is there some method in the library to get the rows modified, and convert it to xml?

I have to do it, any clue is welcome, I am watching the source and don't found nothing to convert the data modified to xml.

kind regards
Frank

jratcliff
15 Mar 2007, 8:29 AM
Is there a way to tell the grid to keep the store.reader.xmlData in sync? What I would like to do load the xml from the server into a grid. Then use the grid to make updates/adds/removes and then post the *updated* xml back to the server in order to save these changes back to the server-side database.

If there isn't a config setting to do this, would the proper way to do this be to subscribe to the grid events (rows updated, removed, added) and then build the xml ourselves? I'm pretty sure I can do that, but I just didn't want to go down that path if there was something already included in the grid/strore that will do this for us. :D

franklt69
15 Mar 2007, 3:01 PM
I don't know if there is a setting to keep sync the xml with store.reader.xmlData (the xml from server), to me not, I did it, I modified the store, using event, editing on grid, insert record ect, then, I read the store and built the xml and send it to server, it was my solutions if there is something more easy let me know please.

kind regards
Frank

wq7278
15 Mar 2007, 4:55 PM
I believe the ds should have a method will give coder the altered xml. it is very useful feature. hop jack will add it in the ext 1.0, rebuilding it possible but painful.

Draven
16 Mar 2007, 5:01 AM
As far as I know, and I may be wrong here, but ds.data holds all the current information for the grid including the current changes.