PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Hovering over first grid row produces an error with ExtJS 4.2.1.883

mx_starter
11 Oct 2013, 8:27 AM
Hello, any other than me faced the effects below?

Absolutely identical code is running fine under 4.1.1 and produces strange effects under lates 4.2.1/883 Ext version.

I have a simple grid and when i move the mouse over the first top row - the error below appears in the console:

TypeError: me.getRowStyleTableEl(...) is null

me.getRowStyleTableEl(item).addCls(me.tableOverFirstCls);

This is only for the top grid row.

The other strange effect is that i'm unable to apply SOME css rules via the 'overItemCls' option of the grid's ViewConfig.

The class passed via the overItemCls is applied, but not all of the rules are in effect.

For example - the 'color: blue' rule is working, but 'cursor: pointer' - not???

I suppose this is a similar problem like that one:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265276

(http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265276)Any ideas?

Gary Schlosberg
11 Oct 2013, 8:44 AM
I haven't heard of an issue like that and my searches found little. I personally can't diagnose what's going on there without seeing some code. Can you please post a test case which reproduces the issue so we can see what's going on? Thanks.

mx_starter
14 Oct 2013, 12:28 AM
Well it is a little bit complicated, but here is the grid definition (not related stuff is removed):

Ext.define('my.Grids.Panels.gridPanel', {
extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel'
,id: 'gridPanel'
,region: 'center'
,viewConfig: {emptyText: 'No object found', loadingText: 'Loading items...',
overItemCls: 'sl-grid-row-mouseover'
}
,columns: []
,features: [{ ftype: 'grouping', groupHeaderTpl: '{name} ({rows.length})' }]

});

(the store/columns definitions are not described here - they are added dynamically using reconfigure method of the grid)

It is interesting, that when i remove the 'features' config option - the error no longer appears, but still the cursor does not change to hand...

And as i said - absolutely the same code, without any changes is working just fine with 4.1.1

mes-x
28 Nov 2013, 11:48 PM
Same problem here!Does anybody have a solution for this?

mx_starter
29 Nov 2013, 2:44 AM
Well - i have forgotten for this post :(

Well, Garry - i have created a fiddle for that:

1sn

The fiddle has simple grid, which is configured to change the cursor to pointer on mouseover.

The fiddle is configured to use Ext 4.2.1 and both problems exist - the console error and cursor not changing to hand.
Same with 4.2.0.

However, if you run it under Ext 4.1.1 - the errors are NOT present and it is working as expected.

englishteeth
11 Dec 2013, 11:57 AM
Great work with the fiddle to demonstrate this, I've been having a similar problem with a multi select grid tripping up on the onRowSelect and onRowDeselect events, which also happens in your working example.

The issue seems to be that me.getRowStyleTableEl(0) returns null, rather than it being the style you are trying to apply.

Actually me.getRowStyleTableEl(<<any index>>) returns null.

evant
11 Dec 2013, 12:24 PM
Marking this one as fixed, it's resolved in the 4.2.2 release. Thanks for the fiddle.

mes-x
11 Dec 2013, 1:17 PM
Marking this one as fixed, it's resolved in the 4.2.2 release. Thanks for the fiddle.

The 4.2.2 release is not public but for subscribers only, isn't it?

englishteeth
11 Dec 2013, 1:45 PM
Have to second that. Over the past couple of days, there have been several such bugs I've come across on the forum marked as fixed because whatever was broken since 4.1 has been fixed in 4.2.2 but no help or indication on what was done or what could be done as a work around ...

Group Tabs for instance are unusable.

Gary Schlosberg
13 Dec 2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with group tabs. Can you describe the problem more specifically? If it's a bug, perhaps someone has already posted a workaround.

englishteeth
13 Dec 2013, 2:40 PM
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with group tabs. Can you describe the problem more specifically? If it's a bug, perhaps someone has already posted a workaround.

Thanks for the response. I just pointed it out as an example of the same situation. Fixed, but no solution for the non-subscriber releases.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265146
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?269644-Group-Tabs-example-return-to-Dashboard

I've found a different approach to avoid the defect, rather than a work around.
For this one, I can live with the console noise.

frank.zammetti
15 Jul 2015, 9:58 AM
Anyone ever find out how to fix or work around this in 4.2.1? I can live with console noise too, but the first row of a grid doesn't highlight so it really is broken beyond just console noise. I unfortunately don't have the option of upgrading so I'm looking for a 4.2.1 fix/workaround.

mx_starter
15 Jul 2015, 11:16 PM
For what i can remember, this was caused by the grouping feature. Not using it should clear the console.
It was many months ago, but i can remember i solved it applying the groupping via the store load listener.

frank.zammetti
16 Jul 2015, 9:31 AM
You were right, it's due to the grouping (I figured that out pretty quick about 5 minutes after I posted my initial query)... I wound up solving this with an override:

Ext.view.Table.override({
getRowStyleTableEl: function(item) {
var me = this;
if (!item.tagName) {
item = this.getNode(item);
}
//return (me.isGrouping ? Ext.fly(item) : this.el).down('table.x-grid-table');
return this.el.down('table.x-grid-table');
}
});

All I did was remove the logic from the return, nothing more. This seems to work whether the grid has grouping or not (as well as the other cases I had tests for). Doesn't seem to be any ill effect that I've spotted anywhere.