PDA

View Full Version : UI for implementing field level saves

maikhorma
14 Oct 2013, 9:29 AM
I'd like to implement functionality where after a blur or some sort of delay the new data entered gets committed to the server. I should be fine with the actual eventing/sending to server, but I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to put this in the UI.

I'm thinking something along the lines of how msgTarget 'under' or 'side' works with 4 states:

after initial load - either doesn't exist or some 'neutral' looking state
dirty - haven't been committed yet
saved - committed successfully
error - should be avoidable with validation, but just in case
So I could play with fieldCls and dirtyCls for part of it, but I would also need to be able to provide a message in all 4 states. I don't think it'll work well to be marking my field as invalid (invoking msgTarget) just to tell the user than it saved successfully.

Any thoughts? Looks like to do this, i'll have to start overriding XTemplates, but Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Thanks

Gary Schlosberg
21 Oct 2013, 12:50 PM
For what it's worth, I don't know of an easy way to accomplish that. Hopefully you will succeed and post a new plugin for others who follow!

maikhorma
22 Oct 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) requirements have changed making this functionality not really work in my app. If I ever do get back to this, I will post what I come up with.