View Full Version : 4.2.2 Release

15 Oct 2013, 5:28 AM
We had identified a bug with 4.2.1 version with the grouping summary table. As per your update the issue was fixed in 4.2.2 that was slotted for release end of september. Can you please let us know where you are with the 4.2.2 release.

Appreciate your response!

Thanks You.

15 Oct 2013, 6:21 AM
ExtJS 4.2.2 is a subscriber-only release, it's available in the customer support portal. If you're not a support subscriber then I guess you'll have to wait for the next general release.

16 Oct 2013, 5:08 AM
How can i become a subscriber to get this release now. Also, when would be the general release?

Thank you!

16 Oct 2013, 5:33 AM
I think you should be able to purchase a support subscription from Sencha's support page (http://www.sencha.com/support/), but I'm not familiar with the different purchase options - you may need to contact Sencha directly (http://www.sencha.com/contact).

There have been no dates given for the next general release that I'm aware of.

22 Oct 2013, 6:25 AM
Any ball park figure on the general release will help us a a lot.

22 Oct 2013, 7:17 AM
According to this post (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?274043-When-can-we-expect-4.2.x-to-be-gpl&p=1004702&viewfull=1#post1004702) by Gary from Sencha, the next patch release 4.2.3 won't be public either - so you'll have to wait for either 4.3.0 or 5.0.0, which I suspect will be quite a way off in the future.

If you look at the dates of past releases:

4.1.0 - 04/20/2012
4.1.1 - 07/04/2012
4.1.2 - 09/07/2012
4.1.3 - 10/25/2012
4.2.0 - 03/11/2013
4.2.1 - 05/16/2013
4.2.2 - 09/18/2013

It's roughly around 3 months between patch releases (with high variability!), so extrapolating from that would optimistically place 4.2.3 around the end of December 2013 and 4.3.0 no earlier than March 2014. But this is all pure speculation - if Sencha jumps right into a big rewrite for 5.0.0 that would presumably take a lot longer.

The bottom line is: don't rely on a public release from Sencha any time soon. If it's business-critical for you, you should plan for the worst - otherwise you'll be caught in a bind when the inevitable release delays kick in. Relying on someone to provide you something on time, for free, is a big risk. If you need it fast - pay for it. If you don't - make your plans and adjust accordingly.

27 May 2014, 6:47 PM
Can we get a confirmation on whether 4.2.2 will be released for general download after ExtJS 5.0.0 is released?

Basically, we have an existing ExtJS 4.1 app (we have a non-support paid license for ExtJS 4), and which we're considering upgrading to ExtJS 5. It looks like the recommended practice is to upgrade first to ExtJS 4.2 before trying the upgrade to ExtJS 5. It would be ideal to upgrade to 4.2.2 since according to the changelog it fixes quite a few bugs from 4.2.1 (released over a year ago), but it isn't available for general download. I'm considering whether to just try to upgrade to 4.2.1 and deal with any bugs I run into, or wait for 4.2.2's general release.

I suppose there's also the options of paying the extra money for a support contract or migrating our codebase to a different framework, but those options would be less than ideal.