PDA

View Full Version : Rev 6 - The most useful Easter Egg (Ever?)

jack.slocum
28 Feb 2007, 11:42 AM
Rev 6 is up and contains a very useful easter egg. I will give 15 minutes (while I go get a sandwich) for someone to find it (Animal?) and then I will let you know what it is and what it does (and why it's in the alpha code).

jack.slocum
28 Feb 2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, 5 minutes and no one has found it?!? Brb going to shower. ;)

Arikon
28 Feb 2007, 11:51 AM
I found for now only various things for debugging.
Is it egg there?

aconran
28 Feb 2007, 11:56 AM
Although I had gotten used to Ext.print and Ext.dump. Ext.debug looks sweet!

Also seems there is nice handling/adding of dirty css classes to show dirty record/fields on the editor grid.

Addition of some concurrent effects in the Fx too.

Keep up the great work Jack! ;-)

patspats
28 Feb 2007, 11:56 AM
Better Ajax tree with Drag and Drop!!! - is that the easter egg

Arikon
28 Feb 2007, 12:03 PM
fitContainer option for ContentPanel is very useful, thanks =)

JeffHowden
28 Feb 2007, 12:08 PM
Ok, my guess is the easter egg is what happens when you press ctrl+shift+home. I'll leave it up to the reader to see what that does for them. ;)

aconran
28 Feb 2007, 12:10 PM
Uhmmmmmm COOOOOOOOOL! Jack this is definitely the best easter egg ever ;-)

http://divergingpath.com/temp/easteregg.jpg

Animal
28 Feb 2007, 12:14 PM
:evil: Damn this time zone difference!

I can't wait to get to work tomorrow morning :shock: :!: Is that weird :?:

jack.slocum
28 Feb 2007, 12:17 PM
Haha - nice job guys. BTW, it looks A LOT better in Aero theme :)

Ctrl+shift+home will launch it on any page. Make sure you try the "Inspect" button!

A few notes:

- Sorry no debugging. I couldn't figure out a way to do it in JS.
- There is no validation, if you input an invalid CSS or DOM property in the props grid - it will try to set it!

You guys recommended I go outside and do something fun, I decided to stay inside and do something fun!

Not bad for a days work. I think it shows how easy it is to do something complex with ease using Ext! :)

andrey.korolyov
28 Feb 2007, 12:28 PM
You are my GOD =)

Greates work, thank you.

mikegiddens
28 Feb 2007, 12:37 PM
That is just too SWEET. I know we love your skills and all but Sunlight is usefull and we don't want you to have a breakdown anytime soon. I myself have been in my chair for the last 3 days straight and already going through my outside withdrawls but coding is so much fun!!!!!

Keepup the good work. Money coming soon promise.

trbs
28 Feb 2007, 12:44 PM
*bleep*

amazing Jack just amazing

Skeleton
28 Feb 2007, 11:53 PM
Just "Wow!" :)

Can we say "Ext is the new Firebug"? :)

(Jack: I think you must write a blog entry just about this debug utility and how people can easily integrate it to any web page, probably that page will be dugg.)

rtannert2
1 Mar 2007, 5:53 AM
When I double-click the splitbar to collapse the east region in either tab, I get a JS error in FF and Safari on the Mac (reported as line 184 in ext-all.js, which I found is actually line 15631 in ext-all-debug.js).

Is this technique going to be a new standard way to collapse a region, instead of the collapse icon in the region header? If the region has a header, I think it's clearer to use that feature instead, from a UI perspective (especially if the QuickTip doesn't tell me which region will be collapsed when I double-click the splitbar). Sorry if I missed a discussion about that.

KimH
1 Mar 2007, 7:08 AM
I just tried the Ext.dump() and it works great.... except....

I tried using it inside a loop (going from 0 to 5) and calling Ext.dump() with the counter generates the following list:

where I believe that it should go from 0 -> 5 or 5 -> 0.

Bobafart
1 Mar 2007, 7:58 AM
very nice Jack

you rock

Arikon
1 Mar 2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.extjs.com/tutorial/introduction-ext
sweet =)

jack.slocum
1 Mar 2007, 10:26 AM
That's the work of Brian Moeskau. I have to say, his documentation skills make me look like an amateur.

Arikon
1 Mar 2007, 10:30 AM
Great beginners tutorial! It is still unfinished (because of broken down links), but it already looks GREAT!

jack.slocum
1 Mar 2007, 10:58 AM
Rob, the panels are not actually collapsible and the the splitbar trying to collapse on double click was a bug. The standard behavior is staying the same. Sorry for the confusion.

manugoel2003
1 Mar 2007, 10:35 PM
hmmmm.... that might be a bug, but that is a great idea..... how about having Opera style collapse behavior when titlebar is off and collapsible in on (like with their sidepanel)..... I mean, have a slightly thick splitbar and have collapse and expand icons on it (based on the context).... clicking on those icons will collapse or expand the panel..... it can be slightly sleeker than the current "collapsed-panel" and can save some real estate too.... what do u think??

manugoel2003
1 Mar 2007, 10:37 PM
and btw, both the site and the tutorials looks good.... whoever has worked on them has done some real good work... congrats guys....