PDA

View Full Version : IE 11 on Win8.1 support?



rich02818
21 Oct 2013, 2:19 PM
When I try to load my app in IE11 on a win8.1 machine nothing shows up and many errors are logged in the console. Any word on when we'll get IE11 support in ExtJS 3?

Any known work arounds in the meantime?

rich02818
23 Oct 2013, 8:55 AM
For those without access to the premium forum....it was just posted that Sencha will *not* support IE11 on ExtJS version 3. I sincerely hope this turns out to be inaccurate, as they've promised to support v3 until 12 months after delivery of v5.

rich02818
23 Oct 2013, 10:26 AM
Mike Mullany just cleared this up in the premium forum, so just in case this duplicate thread is missed, I'll post his response here:


I think some information may have been garbled in transit due to confusion between support policy for 2.x and 3.x.

We will definitely support IE11 in Ext JS 3 - the current plan is to add it in 3.4.2.

There is no change to the support plan I communicated in the post that you're quoting.

(FYI - the IE11 beta was extremely buggy, so don't extrapolate problems with the IE11 beta release to experience with GA)

wm003
24 Oct 2013, 1:06 AM
When I try to load my app in IE11 on a win8.1 machine nothing shows up and many errors are logged in the console.

Are you using the latest 3.4.1.1 ? IE10 is covered there and it should also cover IE11 somehow because the IE recognizing stuff had changed a lot.

rich02818
24 Oct 2013, 9:58 AM
Yes, I'm using 3.4.1.1 and IE11 does not work.

amitdaya
4 Dec 2013, 2:53 PM
From what I found:
- no isIE11
- isIE - return false
- isGecko - returns true

See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2013/09/21/internet-explorer-11-user-agent-string-ua-string-sniffing-compatibility-with-gecko-webkit.aspx

Not sure if thats because the 3.4.2 version from support is using 3.4.1.1 base code (only the build date was changed - see ext-base).

Here are some workarounds:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17447373/how-can-i-target-only-internet-explorer-11-with-javascript


As a workaround for our application I only added/overrode the following:
Ext.isIE11 = !!navigator.userAgent.match(/Trident/) && !!navigator.userAgent.match(/rv:11/);
Ext.isGecko = Ext.isGecko && !navigator.userAgent.match(/like Gecko/);

Overriding Ext.isIE resulted in issues in ext-all-debug.js line 10476: Unable to set property 'cssText' of undefined or null reference, so i left that alone.