PDA

View Full Version : [NOREPRO] Ext.Msg.show() sometimes wraps too soon and cuts off text.

Maxeta
22 Oct 2013, 9:28 AM
Using Ext.Msg.show() various times during my application, I have found that in certain instances the text I have entered wraps too soon, and the words get cut off. For instance:

Ext.Msg.show({
title: 'Delete',
msg: 'No files have been selected to delete!',
buttons: Ext.Msg.OK,
icon: Ext.Msg.WARNING
});

Will wrap and only show the top half of the word "delete" in both FireFox and IE 10.0 (works fine in Chrome though). If there is a little more text, there will be no wrapping. I'm assuming this is a bug, and would like confirmation and a possible workaround or fix if one is available.

Gary Schlosberg
22 Oct 2013, 11:02 AM
I put your test case into this Fiddle (https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/13n), but I haven't been able to get it to happen in IE10 or FF 24, even in small display areas. Any suggestions to reproduce it?

Maxeta
22 Oct 2013, 11:22 AM
I had a couple people confirm here (they all get the same issue). This is my full code:

HMTL

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title>ExtJS</title>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="./extjs/resources/css/ext-all-debug.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="./extjs/ext-all-debug-w-comments.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./app.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

EXTJS

Ext.application({
name: 'appName',
appFolder: 'app',
autoCreateViewport: false,
launch: function () {
Ext.Msg.show({
});
}
});

Here is a url you can try: http://www.maxeta.net/Test/app.html

Let me know if you see the issue, I tested it in JSFiddle, but that worked okay... the URL above is definitely not though, at least for people here at my office.

evant
22 Oct 2013, 11:39 AM
Have you tried with the latest version? I seem to recall there being an issue like that resolved in between now & then.

Also, I couldn't reproduce it at your URL using FF.Latest

Maxeta
23 Oct 2013, 5:45 AM
Yeah, the latest version 4.2.2.1144 fixed the issue. I was previously using 4.2.1.883. Thanks.

Gary Schlosberg
23 Oct 2013, 5:53 AM
Confirmed -- I can't reproduce using 4.2.2. I do see the issue on your test page, and in your example using 4.2.1 outside of Fiddle, but it definitely seems to have been resolved.

UPDATE: Looks like I should have been quicker. Now the Department of Redundancy Department will be after me now.

w_goldman
26 May 2016, 6:37 AM
so the only solution for those using 4.2.1 is to upgrade?

Gary Schlosberg
26 May 2016, 2:33 PM
I just tested the following test case using Firefox and Ext JS 4.2.1, but I must be missing something as I'm no longer able to recreate the issue.

Ext.application({
name: 'appName',
appFolder: 'app',
autoCreateViewport: false,
launch: function() {
Ext.Msg.show({
});
}