PDA

View Full Version : Window ID changes after move? (appends -ghost)

Maxeta
28 Oct 2013, 5:45 AM
I am currently implementing a taskbar type of interface to manage various windows opened within my ExtJS 4.2.2 application (testing on IE 10). I am having a strange issue though, where the ID of the window is being appended with -ghost after it's moved. This is causing an issue because I store the window's id as part of the toolbar button's itemId (I have to since I can have multiple instances of the same window view). And when I go to close one of these windows the reference back to the toolbar button can't be found, and therefore I can't destroy it along with the window.

Is this -ghost appending normal? I thought that would have been appended only during the move (when the transparent window is show during moving) and removed afterwards. But this doesn't appear to be happening.

UPDATE: Fixed

So here is my original code that works fine so long as the windows aren't moved: (fires on destroy of a window)

delTaskButton: function (me, eOpts) {
var query = 'toolbar[itemId=taskbar] button[itemId=tbb_' + me.id + ']';
var taskButton = Ext.ComponentQuery.query(query);
taskButton[0].destroy();
}

and here is the code changed so it does work:

delTaskButton: function (me, eOpts) {
var taskBar = Ext.ComponentQuery.query('toolbar[itemId = taskbar]');
var taskButton = taskBar[0].query('button[itemId=tbb_' + me.id + ']');
taskBar[0].remove(taskButton[0], true);
}

Now, I thought this had to do with the -ghost being appended, because I could see it in the query variable when it crashed on a null reference. But it turns out that after the window is moved it creates a new linked -ghost window, because I now see the destroy firing twice (my handler is a generic 'window' handler). And it can't find a button for the second window (so that makes sense). I guess I could use the first block if I change the css selector to only handle windows without the -ghost on the end. But the second block is working fine for now (it will just always get called twice).

UPDATE: Better Handling

I still use the second block of code, but my selector it now 'window:not([id$=-ghost])' which means I only get events fired from destroyed windows, and not their associated destroyed ghosts.

Gary Schlosberg
31 Oct 2013, 7:47 PM
Glad to hear you figured this out, and thanks for sharing the solution with the community.