PDA

View Full Version : Is there a plugin for left/right scroll of toolbar for button overflow?

Maxeta
28 Oct 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm creating a TaskBar style toolbar for management of the various windows I instantiate in my ExtJS application. I am aware of the current overflow handling provided by the toolbar, but are there any extensions or plugins that would allow scrolling left and right (similar to the tab overflow demo) to move through the buttons?

Gary Schlosberg
1 Nov 2013, 10:58 AM
I couldn't find anything that does this. Perhaps the tab implementation could serve as a model for you to build it. If you implement it, please consider posting it to the User Extensions and Plugins (http://www.sencha.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?82-Ext-User-Extensions-and-Plugins) forum.

Maxeta
1 Nov 2013, 11:47 AM
Looks like there is an even easier way to accomplish this. My colleague had seen this before somewhere, and it turns out it's part of the desktop example. All that was needed was to add layout: { overflowHandler: 'Scroller' } to the toolbar and once it overflows you get arrows on either side of the toolbar.

Gary Schlosberg
1 Nov 2013, 12:12 PM
Nice find! I couldn't find that in the docs. Thanks for sharing it.

JavascriptParrot
10 Mar 2014, 6:48 AM
Same here, thanks!