PDA

View Full Version : NotesView Column Formatting

waldav00
25 Feb 2008, 6:50 PM
Can anyone tell me how to format a single column in a NotesView being rendered to a grid? I have a column that needs to be displayed as an 'Edit' link so the user can click it to edit a document.

Thanks,
David

jratcliff
25 Feb 2008, 8:25 PM
are you using an Ext.nd.UIView in a div or did you implement an Ext.nd.DominoUI with an outline and a grid?

Also, when the user clicks this "edit link" what do you want to happen? open the doc in a tab? or open the doc in its own window?

waldav00
25 Feb 2008, 8:27 PM
I am using Ext.nd.UIView in a div.

jratcliff
25 Feb 2008, 10:13 PM
so double clicking on the row or right-clicking and choosing edit or open won't work for you right? You want a column that has a link that says edit. Do you also want to disable the rightclick and doubleclicking in the view? I'm thinking we don't have anything yet in place for what you want but let me think on it some and maybe I can come up with a work around for you.

waldav00
25 Feb 2008, 10:18 PM
I actually got the link working by simply setting the column formula to an anchor tag. I am having another problem though. For some reason, my second column has different indents in it for no apparent reason.

RWaters
26 Feb 2008, 1:15 PM
is it somehow getting wrapped in a <center> tag? or otherwise styled to align: center? looks that way from the picture.

jratcliff
26 Feb 2008, 9:43 PM
I agree with Rich, it looks like you have a <center> tag or align="center" set on the column. If you don't see that anywhere can you post your code? Or do you have an online demo somewhere?

RWaters
27 Feb 2008, 9:06 AM
Also, just wanted to note for column formatting, we're looking to add the ability to pass in renderers. That way you'll be able to format them the Ext way which should be a lot easier to control.

waldav00
4 Mar 2008, 8:24 PM
I don't know what the deal was. The view column was not centered but adding an align=left to the anchor style fixed it. Thanks.

RWaters
4 Mar 2008, 9:11 PM
Thanks for following up, glad you were able to get it working!