PDA

View Full Version : Help with Chrome and IE9

aoperez
21 Nov 2013, 2:07 AM
Good Morning,

I'm sorry because I have posted this text in this forum and In Discussion because I am not sure where to post it.

I have read many pages and many post in the forums and I haven't found any help.

My problem is that my app is running correctly and perfectly in FF. It has ExtJS 4.0.7 for the client side and the data services are written in PHP with Symfony.
The server info is:

Server LAMP info:
--Linux----------------------------------
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Release: 10.04
Codename: lucid
--Apache---------------------------------
Server version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
Server built: Jul 12 2013 13:39:34
--Mysql----------------------------------
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.72, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1
--Php------------------------------------
PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.21 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Sep 4 2013 19:13:13)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

So, the problem in Chrome and in IE9 is that some actions make their data request normally but the requests remain in "Pending" status and finally the browser is blocked and the user has to close it.
As I said, in Firefox it runs perfectly and so quickly and the errors are always the same actions.
I have not found any common pattern between the actions but they always make the same requests and in the same order.
I'm desperate because the users use IE9 so we have to give them a solution for this problem.

Thank you very much, and best regards.

P.D. your forum is very helpful for us, many thanks

ribseal
21 Nov 2013, 3:07 AM
Good Morning,

I'm sorry because I have posted this text in this forum and In Discussion because I am not sure where to post it.

I have read many pages and many post in the forums and I haven't found any help.

My problem is that my app is running correctly and perfectly in FF. It has ExtJS 4.0.7 for the client side and the data services are written in PHP with Symfony.
The server info is:

Server LAMP info:
--Linux----------------------------------
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Release: 10.04
Codename: lucid
--Apache---------------------------------
Server version: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
Server built: Jul 12 2013 13:39:34
--Mysql----------------------------------
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.72, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1
--Php------------------------------------
PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.21 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Sep 4 2013 19:13:13)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

So, the problem in Chrome and in IE9 is that some actions make their data request normally but the requests remain in "Pending" status and finally the browser is blocked and the user has to close it.
As I said, in Firefox it runs perfectly and so quickly and the errors are always the same actions.
I have not found any common pattern between the actions but they always make the same requests and in the same order.
I'm desperate because the users use IE9 so we have to give them a solution for this problem.

Thank you very much, and best regards.

P.D. your forum is very helpful for us, many thanks

I agree with you aoperez! This forum really gives information and helps a lot:)

scottmartin
22 Nov 2013, 3:59 PM
It would be hard to tell without more information .. do you see any console errors?

Usually IE will blow up if you have a syntax error, but if this is on chrome as well, then if could be malformed data coming from your server or something odd like that.

If you create a test case with a simple ajax request to the URL, does it still happen?

aoperez
24 Nov 2013, 3:13 AM
I don't see any console error and the problem is the block of the browser. This prevents me to use console.log or server prints because the data is not shown. So, if you click in any of the request individually it makes the request and show the data correctly.

As I said, in FF all request finalize correctly but not in Chrome nor IE9

scottmartin
24 Nov 2013, 9:24 AM
Please provide a working test case so we can have a look. You can provide a JSON file for the data if you are unable to provide the URL of live data.

Scott.

aoperez
24 Nov 2013, 11:52 PM
Hi Scott,

My principal problem is I can't provide a live URL because it runs in the intranet. So, the most part of the models and stores are built dinamically but I can show you an example:

Ext.define('TIWSC.model.Column', { extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
idProperty: 'column_name', fields: [ { name: 'column_name', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_name', optional: false}, { name: 'column_name_ori', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_name_ori'}, { name: 'column_type', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_type'}, { name: 'column_size', type: 'int', mapping: 'column_size'}, { name: 'values', type: 'string', mapping: 'values'}, { name: 'scale', type: 'int', mapping: 'scale'}, { name: 'column_type_full', type: 'string', convert: buildColumnTypeFull}, { name: 'collation_name', type: 'string', mapping: 'collation_name', optional: true}, { name: 'attributes', type: 'string', mapping: 'attributes'}, { name: 'is_nullable', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'is_nullable', convert: convertNullable }, { name: 'auto_increment', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'auto_increment' }, { name: 'primary_key', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'primary_key' }, { name: 'index', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'index' }, { name: 'unique', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'unique' }, { name: 'fulltext', type: 'boolean', mapping: 'fulltext' }, { name: 'column_default', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_default', optional: true }, { name: 'column_key', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_key' }, { name: 'extra', type: 'string', mapping: 'extra', convert: buildExtra }, { name: 'column_comment', type: 'string', mapping: 'column_comment', optional: true } ] });

And an example of response to the request for this model:

{"success":true,"data":[{"column_name":"name","column_name_ori":"name","column_type":"varchar","column_size":"45","scale":null,"options":null,"collation_name":"utf8_general_ci","attributes":"","is_nullable":"YES","column_default":null,"column_key":"","extra":"","column_comment":"","auto_increment":null}],"table":"access_efm_mode"}

But this is one of many requests. So, as I said the requests are concatenated in the previous request callback. So, the first request runs correctly but not the others. This only happens in Chrome and IE9, in FF all of them runs correctly. In fact, if you click in any of the individual request they show their data correctly but there is no return to the browser and all the request are pending. It's a very strange behavior

aoperez
26 Nov 2013, 1:24 AM
I could see, the problem is in some createStore executions.
The requests made by that function are "pending" but If I see in the log of symfony I can see the json that is returned by the data service.
The execution of the app continues but data are never received because of the "pending" request so the grids are never loaded and the browser crash