PDA

View Full Version : [4.2.1] Ext.dd.DragDrop missing Ext.util.Point in dependency "requires"

burnnat
22 Nov 2013, 8:39 AM
Ext version tested:
Ext 4.2.0 Ext 4.2.1

Browser versions tested against:
FF 25 Chrome 31

Description:
When using Ext.dd.DragDrop with dynamic loading (with ext-dev.js), clicking on the DragDrop element results in an exception. The exception thrown is in Ext.EventObject#getPoint(), because Ext.util.Point is undefined.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
Require the Ext.dd.DragDrop class using dynamic loading. Create a DragDrop element, and click it.

The result that was expected:
The click event should be processed without any exceptions.

The result that occurs instead:
An exception "undefined is not a function" is thrown from the Ext.EventObject#getPoint() method.

Test Case:
An example can be seen in Fiesta here (http://fiestadev.bryntum.com/#257-dragdrop-does-not-require-all-dependencies). (A Sencha Fiddle example is not possible, as Fiddle uses ext-all-debug.js without dynamic loading.)

Ext.require([
// Explicitly requiring Ext.util.Point here solves the issue, but
// Ext.dd.DragDrop or another class should declare this dependency explicitly.
// 'Ext.util.Point',
'Ext.dd.DD'
]);

Ext.onReady(function() {
var el = Ext.getBody().appendChild({
tag: 'div',
html: 'DragDrop'
});

el.setStyle({
position: 'absolute',
left: '30px',
top: '30px'
});

new Ext.dd.DD(el, 'group', {
isTarget: false
});
});

// Now click the "DragDrop" element and watch for the exception.

Possible fix:
Ext.dd.DragDrop or one of its dependencies should list Ext.util.Point in its "requires" config, or Ext.util.Point should be automatically included in the ext-dev.js and ext-debug.js builds.

LesJ
22 Nov 2013, 9:07 AM
Duplicate?
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?262124

burnnat
22 Nov 2013, 9:12 AM
Ah yes, that could be the same issue. I assumed it was a problem with the DragDrop dependency tree, so I was only searching for DragDrop-related duplicates. :)

Hopefully Sencha gets around to fixing it soon...

Gary Schlosberg
22 Nov 2013, 10:34 AM
I added a note to the bug ticket expressing the growing user interest in getting this bug resolved.

burnnat
22 Nov 2013, 10:54 AM
Ok, thank you Gary! :)

ragzovskii
13 Jan 2015, 8:29 PM
Hello.
I'm currently experiencing this issue with development application based on Ext 4.2 in Sencha Architect (which means I use ext-dev.js). I have an extension which is a tree panel with few columns, and clicking on column when app is accessed from browser results in this bug.
So +1 on this