PDA

View Full Version : Tree panel & Ext.direct tree store

zz9pa
24 Nov 2013, 1:37 AM
Hi,
i'm having problems with a tree panel.

Ideally - i need the panel to fire off to get its data only when the nodes are expanded individually.
At the minute - as soon as I expand the root node - it seems to open every other node - which triggers a mass of calls to my directfn.
The tree itself would be absolutely massive when fully expanded - and its basically breaking firefox and chrome!

Is there any way to get it to do this ?

Also - In the call back to the directfn - I would like it to pass in the record for the current node - I can see it passing in an 'id' and/or 'node' (Which seem to be the same thing) - short of overriding the 'load' (which is what I'm currently trying to do) - is there anyway to get to to pass the record across ?
(I need to get an identifier from the tree for the next bit of information I need to load - which isn't unique across the tree - so I cant use 'id')

Many thanks in advance

zz9pa
25 Nov 2013, 3:02 AM
Think I've got it now..

I was using a model - and for some reason needed to explicitly add "expanded:false" to all nodes send back using that model.

I assumed it defaulted to false (docs say "null" which sounds like a false) - but it seems to be a true ?