PDA

View Full Version : Merging Applications?

alejandroNNU
26 Nov 2013, 8:27 AM
Hey all, I have two separate projects/applications each with their own controller/stores/models, the thing is I want to place the second, smaller app into the first one, is there a practical/easy way to carry all it's stuff over or would I need to manually re-create all it's parts in the first project?

scottmartin
26 Nov 2013, 9:30 AM
This is sort of a vague question .. will they share code? Are you merging the apps, or just including the new app?

alejandroNNU
26 Nov 2013, 9:35 AM
oh, sorry about that, no, they don't share any code, the first app is a large panel with some text fields and buttons while the second app is a small grid panel with it's own text fields and buttons, I just want to place this small grid panel in the first, larger panel, but they are completely separate and don't share any code.

scottmartin
26 Nov 2013, 9:55 AM
If you just want to add the grid to the first panel, I would move over the require code to the first app. (combine apps)

Why maintain 2 apps just for a grid?

alejandroNNU
26 Nov 2013, 10:08 AM
Yes I agree, the grid was made by someone else, I wasn't planning on keeping two apps. So when you say to "combine" the apps, does that refer to just taking the .js files in the controller/store/model folders of one app and place them in their respective folders in the other app? Is it as simple as that?

scottmartin
26 Nov 2013, 10:16 AM
As long as the file names are unique, then yes .. simply copy the files and update your requires:[]
If you are using Cmd, run sencha app refresh to update the meta with the new classes and you should be set