PDA

View Full Version : Custom Theme overriding Neptune - problems

sl5337
6 Dec 2013, 8:02 AM
This is my first time attempting a custom theme so I followed the "Theming" tutorial from the Ext JS 4.2.2 documentation. I created a custom theme extending the neptune them. At first I thought everything was fine. It created the custom theme package under the packages folder just as the documentation explained. Then I started adding form fields to my application. Radiobuttons and checkboxes looked like small buttons. After much hair pulling I went into the sencha.cfg file and changed the app.theme property back to "ext-theme-neptune". I then rebuilt the app using sencha app build. Now the checkboxes and radiobuttons rendered correctly. I switched back to my custom theme and everything still looked fine. Then I added a combo box and found that the dropdown list was transparent and had no border. Once again, I switched back to the neptune theme, rebuilt the application and the combo box looked fine.

What have I missed here? I assumed that if I overrode an existing theme that it would render everything according to the inherited theme unless I overrode a global or component variable, which I have not done yet. As it stands, whenever something doesn't look "right" I feel like I need to switch back to the neptune theme and rebuild in order to pull in the correct style information. I'm sure this isn't the way it is supposed to work, just wondering what I have done wrong.

I'm using Ext JS 4.2.2 and building with Sencha Cmd v4.0.0.203

scottmartin
6 Dec 2013, 8:48 AM
See this guide about "Borders in Neptune"
http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#!/guide/upgrade_42

You should add the borders: true to your panel config, as Neptune sets it to false.