PDA

View Full Version : MVC Application architecture

shyamatdiaspark
12 Dec 2013, 2:28 AM
I have generated a workspace using sencha cmd and following three folders generated under workspace directory are:

1) extjs
2) .Sencha
3) packeges

but when I creating application using sencha cmd then application folder created parallel to above folders.
so please let me know whether is it a better folder hierarchy.

In sencha document extjs folder is available under application directory. so what will be better approach?

Is it necessary to create workspace and application using sencha cmd. If I want to create our application manually by simply adding required files (i.e. ext4 folder, index.htm, resources and all) in our application.
if yes then I have following concerns:
1) Can I build application using sencha cmd without creating it by sencha cmd? if yes then can I manually
put cfg file under it.

bricemason
16 Dec 2013, 12:57 PM
It sounds like the heart of your question is whether to use Sencha Cmd or go the manual route. For this I'd first ask why would you want to do things manually? What are your concerns with using Sencha Cmd?

If you create your project manually, you can't use Sencha Cmd to build it, that is, without a lot of copy/pasting anyway. It's not just the sencha.cfg that Cmd depends on but there's also a slew of ant scripts in that hidden .sencha directory that the system will depend on as well as many other unnamed dependencies I'm sure.

Do you have specific requirements for your project that prevent you from using Sencha Cmd?

Brice

shyamatdiaspark
16 Dec 2013, 10:24 PM
It is just because I am unable to create proper folder hierarchy from Sencha Cmd.

If I use sencha cmd for creating workspace and application, it creates application folder parallel to other folder like .sencha, packages, and ext. Is it a proper folder structure ?

As per sencha Extjs documentation the given folder should be created under application folder. Have a look on attached image where extjs folder exists under application directory.

or kindly suggest MVC folder structure created by sencha cmd.

bricemason
17 Dec 2013, 6:07 AM
To answer your question directly, Sencha Cmd creates the proper directory structure so you don't have to.

Brice

shyamatdiaspark
17 Dec 2013, 6:20 AM
Thanks bricemason (http://www.sencha.com/forum/member.php?22457-bricemason) .