PDA

View Full Version : closable tabs delete all upon close of one..

AndyMan
18 Dec 2013, 3:10 AM
Hi,

I have been able to dynamically add tabs to a tab panel with a button click. There are a number of things that go on after that which fill the tab with information that users are interested in.

However, when I have 3 (or any arbitrary number) of tabs on the tab panel and then close one of them all of the tabs either close, or the tabs themselves no longer show, or the grids that are inside each of the remaining tabs no longer look correct.

I have tried to make sure that: Each "Tab", and "Grid" all have Id properties assigned to try an keep from getting the application confused, but that does not seem to matter.

Has anyone else seen things like this?

function addTab(stringTitleInformation){
try{
var tabs = Ext.getCmp('formTabs');
tabs.add({
title: stringTitleInformation;
id: stringTitleInformation;
closeable: true,
items:[{
/* a collection of stuff I need*/
}]
}).show();
}
catch(e){
console.log('trouble inside the addTab function: ' + e);
}
}

Andy

scottmartin
18 Dec 2013, 2:23 PM
Perhaps your id has duplicate value(s). You should about using id and use itemId

28c

AndyMan
20 Dec 2013, 7:44 AM
Scott.. Thanks for the reply.. I am looking at the example in the fiddle you provided above. I can add tabs and then remove them. So that is great. However, when I add values to the text box and then add a couple of tabs (with different values in the textbox) and remove them sometimes the values inside the textboxes either go away or are unreachable... This is kind of similar to the behavior I was seeing in my scripts.. Andy...

scottmartin
20 Dec 2013, 7:50 AM
I am not sure I follow ... you see this my the example I posted? Can you provide the steps or create a screencast?
http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

AndyMan
20 Dec 2013, 7:53 AM
Cant make a screen cast on this machine.. Yes, I am trying to describe behavior I see using your code in the fiddle. I am really liking the fiddle aspect of the forum..

scottmartin
20 Dec 2013, 8:31 AM
I do not see this behavior, or I do not understand. Perhaps a step by step to duplicate?