PDA

View Full Version : Example of a fullscreen Grid with scrollbars?

KimH
1 Mar 2007, 1:35 PM
Hi!

I have been through all threads about the grid and I have changed my code so many times now that I'm sure I can't figure this out myself :-D

Does anyone have a complete example of how to implement a Grid as the only component on a page and have it set to 100% width/height (and resize when window resizes) and still show the scroll-bars? I don't care if the code is Json/XML/Memory data store... as long as it is working.

The DOCTYPE should be:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

JeffHowden
1 Mar 2007, 1:42 PM
The brute force method would be a borderlayout with only a center region defined. You'd then create a gridpanel (instead of a contentpanel) and set that as the contents of the center region. I think that should take care of 100% width/height and proper resizing measures.

KimH
1 Mar 2007, 2:01 PM
Damn....

The brute force method would be a borderlayout with only a center region defined. You'd then create a gridpanel (instead of a contentpanel) and set that as the contents of the center region. I think that should take care of 100% width/height and proper resizing measures.

I just logged in to write this myself.... I did have a center with a ContentPanel instead of a GridPanel... I guess I'm too tired now :-D Thanks!