PDA

View Full Version : Interaction between different windows

Crhys
14 Jan 2014, 5:58 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a solution about my new customer request!

Actually, i'm using ExtJS 3.4 with OpenLayers and GeoExt.
On a page I have an openlayer map, a grid and a Panel which contains some filters...

What the customer wants is to split this page in different windows (browser windows i think and not just Ext windows) for multiscreen....I've already try to use extjs components or to open a new windows with window.open(...) but after that i don't know how to insert a Ext.Panel on the new window and continue to have interaction with other windows which contains map or grid...

Don't know if it's enough clear, but if you have some questions i'm here!~o)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Crhys.

slemmon
15 Jan 2014, 10:52 PM
Is there a reason you would have to have the new Ext.Panel open in a new browser window? I'd think that would not be ideal and would add unnecessary overhead in most situations.

Crhys
16 Jan 2014, 12:40 AM
Hum....ok!
I just want to permit users to open page on multiscreen so....How can i do that with Extjs? ^^' Or with another Library ?

(Totally lost)

JSassy
16 Jan 2014, 2:29 AM
For sure there are some reasons to do that. Some users use multiple screens and so they'd like to use both screens.
For example, when you have a map in the center of a borderlayout and a list with some data, you don't want the list to be displayed in front of the map (Ext.window would do that).

Actually, I am using multiple browser windows.
In the new popup window I implemented ext-all.js again.
In the popup window I have access to the objects from the main window with "opener.", for example
opener.Ext.getCmp('..');

Crhys
16 Jan 2014, 3:52 AM
Thx JSassy for answer. I have to test it! I come back!