PDA

View Full Version : Tree-column icon tooltip

billhamawi
18 Jan 2014, 6:23 PM
Hi guys
Quick question how do i get the tool tip to display on my icon.

xtype: "treecolumn",
text: "Release ID",
dataIndex: "Identifier",
draggable: true,
flex: 3,
tdCls: 'wrap',
renderer: function(value, style, node) {
return "<span data-qtip='" + node.data.iconDescription+ "''>" + " " + value + "</span>";

i have done this but this will obviously display on the set span. So is there a way to access the icon from here and add a tooltip to it?
thankyou in advanced.

Malte123
19 Jan 2014, 7:23 PM
you can take a look on console.log(this) and find out more about Structur of your Object.

After that you can use the afterRender-hook to put the text onto the right place.

afterRender: function(){
console.log(this);
// this.data.setValue or whatever

}

Basically you need to work with console.log so you can find out where to put it.
It works with dot notation within an object.
But in general there are setters you should use.

billhamawi
19 Jan 2014, 7:44 PM
xtype: "treecolumn" text: "Release ID" dataIndex: "Identifier" draggable : true flex: 3 tdCls: 'wrap' renderer:(value, style ,node, store)-> style.tdAttr = "data-qtip='" + type + "'" return "" + value + " (http://www.sencha.com/forum/'javascript:void(0)\')"i Did this it was not what i was looking for but it done the job of putting the tool tip on the data row cell block

Malte123
20 Jan 2014, 8:54 AM
Apology - but I cannot read your code.

Please do not forget to use the "Preview Post"-Button and format your code like this:

xtype: "treecolumn",
text: "Release ID",
dataIndex: "Identifier",
draggable: true,
flex: 3,
tdCls: 'wrap',
renderer: function (value,style ,node, store) {
style.tdAttr = "data-qtip='" + type + "'"
return "" + value + "";
}

I want help you - but it should be seen you thought about yourself and also it should be clear cut.
Most of time I ask questions, I find my solution by thinking about "what is my Question in general".

And please vote my up - I give you an tip - others would only vote down you :-)

billhamawi
20 Jan 2014, 3:12 PM
Malte123: yes you are right i did upvote you just for being friendly and honest. As for the forum i am new to the functionality.

Malte123
20 Jan 2014, 3:41 PM
I vote you UP too :) (I have seen someone wants to vote you down)

Malte123
20 Jan 2014, 3:46 PM
... and of cause: I would be happy if I could help you with my little experiences (relatively to Support Team).
Go forward asking - please :)