PDA

View Full Version : Loading Data in Paging Grid without Service call

Zinnia
28 Jan 2014, 5:48 AM
Hi all,

I have 100 records. Want to use paging grid. Each page having 20 records.
Only first time want to load all the data in my store.

Without service call Is it possible to use paging grid. i.e When user click on next button in paging grid, it will display next 20 records.

Thanks
Zinnia

scottmartin
28 Jan 2014, 2:11 PM
You have control on what records are send at the server level. The paging control is just to display the numbers, and does not filter the display records. You can check your page and have the server send what is needed using start/limit

Zinnia
29 Jan 2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks Scott for your quick response.

Is it possible, will get all records at one service call, but will display the data in a paging grid without hitting the server again.

When user click the next button in paging grid. it will display next 10 records without hitting the server.

palakurthivishal
30 Jan 2014, 5:24 AM
Hello Zinnia,
When you load data to a store through a service, all the records are saved into the store at once. It doesn't bother about pagination plugin of your grid. So just go ahead and add pagination plugin.

But when you use pagination, "grid.getStore.getRange()" will only give you the visible records(page size) in your grid. If just in case you need all the records in your store, search for a field named "snapshot" in your store, where in you find all the loaded data through service.