PDA

View Full Version : Howto get Application.name out of UX

Malte123
28 Jan 2014, 6:41 PM
I tried a lot - but I cannot figure out how to get the Applications name out of my UX-Code

My UX-Using Programmer will not say me before the name of its Application :-)

In general I have the Problem to access a Controller. And the Solution is based on Application-Name :((

Any Ideas ?

AppName.getApplication().getController('NameOfUXController')

Logically it would be done like this in my opinion:

Ext.application.name.getController('NameOfUXController')

but this ends in an error message

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'Ext.application.name')

and

Ext.application.getName().getController('NameOfUXController')

says

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'Ext.application.getName()')

Malte123
28 Jan 2014, 8:14 PM
ok nice - someone moved my Question from UX to FAQ ... but I want to discuss this with Personal is developing UX and has not only basic questions.

So I hope for professional Answer here - not everybody has access to move Questions - right ?

:)

evant
28 Jan 2014, 8:16 PM
I don't understand what you're asking. If you have access to the application, why would you try to get a string and try and call for the application again?

Malte123
28 Jan 2014, 8:31 PM
[Edited: Maybe I do not need getApplication() before .getController(...) right .. but Question is the same until now]

Out of UX - you do not know the Name of Application to get Access to Controllers with there access to Application-wide Event-Controlling.

So the Questions is based on reuse of UX in different Applications with now unknown names I need to get access to Controllers of Application.

For example:
{XXX}.getController('NameOfUXController')

Last edited by Malte123; Today at 5:26 AM. Reason: understand your missunderstanding :-)

evant
28 Jan 2014, 8:37 PM
You can use:

Ext.app.Application.instance

Malte123
28 Jan 2014, 8:41 PM
Cool - I am so happy to get an Answer this time - I love you :">

Thanks a lot - it works.