PDA

View Full Version : Using the app.json file

Chods
7 Feb 2014, 3:20 AM
Hi

I'm looking to use the app.json file but am unsure if i'm doing this correctly as none of the documentation solves my issue.

Apparently i cant use mixed mode as its not supports so all my js files should either go in index.html Or app.json.

So my index.html is now empty other than head and body tages etc

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<head><meta charset="UTF-8"><title>My App title</title>
</head>
<body></body>
</html>

Inside my app.json I have the following, to keep it simple ive removed css and lots of other stuff but I expect the ext framewrok to load

{
"name": "My App Tite",
"requires": [ ],
"js": [
{ "path" : "../../ext/ext-dev.js", "x-bootstrap": true },
{ "path": "app.js" } ],
"css": [ ],
"id": "9ee56d53-9b6e-407f-8110-c7096a6d64fe"
}

Now I run an app refresh and i see my bootstrap files are updated eith what looks like the correct entries.

So now, i browse to my application and as I would expect I see nothing. So what i am trying to find out is how the files in bootsrap.json make it into my html page.

Any help for a confused develoepr much appreciated!

saJoshua
7 Feb 2014, 3:23 AM
if you're browsing to an html page that doesn't have any content are you expecting to see anything?

Chods
7 Feb 2014, 3:25 AM
if you're browsing to an html page that doesn't have any content are you expecting to see anything?

No ofcourse not, i just want to know what i should be including in there in order to load the files from bootstrap.json or whether the refresh is supposed to update index.html with required files.

saJoshua
7 Feb 2014, 4:05 AM
Now I run an app refresh and i see my bootstrap files are updated eith what looks like the correct entries.

What are you using to do the "app refresh"? Mvn / Ant / Java?

Chods
7 Feb 2014, 4:59 AM
I'm using sencha command pretty much out of the box