PDA

View Full Version : Can we do Multiple File Selection and Open in IE8 and IE 9?

sanjayon19
18 Feb 2014, 11:18 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to implement a file open feature using ExtJS 4.2.
What I observed is, in IE 8 and IE 9 I can't select Multiple files to open.

Please let me know, whether Can we open multiple files in IE 8 and IE 9?

If not, does IE 10 supports selecting and opening multiple files?

Please suggest.

Gary Schlosberg
20 Feb 2014, 2:50 PM
Are you talking about multiple file upload?
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?243051

If not, can you post the code that works outside of IE8 and IE9 so we can better see what is going on?

sanjayon19
25 Feb 2014, 5:42 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the link.
I wanted to confirm whether we can select 2 or more files when we browse. Actually in IE 8 and IE 9, we can select only 1 file at a time. IE 10 and later versions allow multiple selection of file.

I would also like to know, if there is a way in which we can select multiple files and send to server for processing just by using some button like "Open".

In other words, I want to achieve the multiple file upload functionality just by using a button and not by using a form and then submitting a form. Is there a way to it.?

Please suggest...

Gary Schlosberg
25 Feb 2014, 10:24 AM
Have you tried using the change event to submit the form?

sanjayon19
25 Feb 2014, 8:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. Yes I tried selecting multiple files and sending using form. I wanted to achieve the same just by using a button. As of now I'm adding a button on the form and then doing it.

I dont see any config properties like 'multiple: true' or something like this to take multiple files as input.

As of now, I'm altering a dom property like this
Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#idFileSelctor')[0].button.fileInputEl.dom.multiple=true;

In this way I can select multiple files. Only thing is after I select multiple files once, the value for 'multiple' under fileInputEl.dom becomes 'false'. So every time I've to set multiple=true by executing above statement.

Is this the right approach to do it.? Please suggest.