PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch Running App with SoundCloud Integration

joshmorony
17 Mar 2014, 5:08 PM
Hi All,

I just finished converting an Android app to Sencha Touch. It's a running application that tracks distance, time and allows music control through touch controls. I've also been writing a blog series following my progress.

You can download the application here: http://runtap.com/ (I think the Android version is a little buggy right now)

And you can view the final blog post in the series here (there's a link to the first if you're interested): http://www.joshmorony.com/final-converting-a-native-android-app-to-sencha-touch-part-5/

I'd love to hear any feedback you have.

fmoseley
19 Mar 2014, 1:56 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

armode
20 Mar 2014, 12:34 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded your app with my iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.
If I start tracking I get an "GPS Failure" popup. Also I noticed that the music stops, if the app is "running" in background.

Thx for sharing and your blog posts!

joshmorony
20 Mar 2014, 4:14 AM
Do you only get the GPS failure after you lock the phone? I've noticed this as well. I'm pretty sure I can get the GPS to run in the background but I haven't found a way to keep the music playing when it's in the background yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

armode
20 Mar 2014, 4:49 AM
No I get the GPS failure message about 5sec after I tapped on the counter to start tracking. The app wasn't locked and it has access to the GPS sensor.

joshmorony
20 Mar 2014, 5:18 AM
Oh ok I've never experienced that, does it keep happening or was it just once? And were you outside at the time?

armode
20 Mar 2014, 8:11 AM
Ok everything works fine, when I'm outside the office ;-)

joshmorony
20 Mar 2014, 2:51 PM
Great, I'll have to add a warning about that though I think - I'm sure others have had the same experience as you which is definitely not good. Thanks for helping out.

yamenj
2 Oct 2014, 3:06 PM
Hello,has anyone the solution for keeping music playing in the background? I'm facing same problem with sencha audio!