PDA

View Full Version : xml doc... is possible?

wolverine4277
2 Mar 2007, 7:07 AM
The situation is this:
I have a grid populated with a xml doc obtained from a php script from a sql query and i must export to excel the grid records
Is possible that i can get the xml doc associated with a grid???
I can use that xml doc to send back to the server and get back transformed as xml excel for example, in this moment i can choose between reconstruct the xml doc in the server from the recordset that i get from sql query or maintain the xml doc in a file? there is another options?
Thanks.

Animal
2 Mar 2007, 7:45 AM
The situation is this:
I have a grid populated with a xml doc obtained from a php script from a sql query and i must export to excel the grid records
Is possible that i can get the xml doc associated with a grid???
I can use that xml doc to send back to the server and get back transformed as xml excel for example, in this moment i can choose between reconstruct the xml doc in the server from the recordset that i get from sql query or maintain the xml doc in a file? there is another options?
Thanks.

The XML comes from the server, so why send it back? Just call the PHP script. I do exactly this. I cache the query for my Grid on the server. When the user presses the "View as Excel" button, that calls a servlet which transforms the query results through XSL into an Excel spreadsheet.

wolverine4277
2 Mar 2007, 11:13 AM
that is what i do
the question was made thinking that maybe there is another better way... thanks